Thursday, December 2, 2004

Hurts

I know it hurts.

You have no idea how terrible it was for me to let you go. If you think it was all too easy for me to release you, think again.

Don't you realize that you are the only person I actually loved? That the rest before you were mere games and frivolity? That my world was shattered that very instant I heard the Lord tell me to let go?

My heart aches as it seems like you perceive me now as selfish. I pray that God will open your eyes as He did mine, that you will see beyond the realm of flesh and blood.

The confusion always lie in our ability to see through, you know. God's wonderful plan is laid out in his Word yet we only see through the murky glasses of humanity marred further by sin.

I dare not claim now to see clearly. If anything, I only see a rather blurry picture. But my heart leaps towards that destiny not because of what I saw. I trust the Person who revealed it more, than I trust the picture itself.

You may never quite grasp the importance of this ordeal now. Maybe not even in this lifetime. But as soon as we step into eternity I know this will be clear as crystal to you.

How can I call what I feel for you "love" when Love Himself calls it otherwise?

I think Christ has set the best example. And I think I'd rather believe what He says over what I or you or anyone thinks.

Besides, if I give myself wholly to you, only you will be stirred by my life. But if I allow God to break me, the rest of the world shall be touched by the pieces.

4 comments:

Anonymous,  December 3, 2004 at 10:58 AM  

='(

Daw ka sadness gid haw... But if it's all for/because of Him, it's worth it.

~ Aiai

Anonymous,  December 3, 2004 at 12:49 PM  

way to go man! no more hurting..trade ur sorrows..trade ur pain--for the Joy of someone bigger! who has the BEST plan for U!!!! : )

8-)

Liza's Eyeview June 27, 2007 at 11:13 PM  

I too had to let go of someone I loved...I wrote this poem titled BEYOND EMOTION. I just want to share this with you...

Pain cannot dwell in the heart where joy resides
Tears do not remain; it flows and then is gone
It doesn't matter what I feel
Love is more than emotion, it goes beyond

Obedience is my highest calling
Sacrifice is what I have done
I die to my desires that he may live
Lord, direct his path, deliver him

Pain cannot dwell in the heart where joy resides
Tears do not remain; it flows and then is gone.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Business Templates by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP