Monday, June 5, 2006

Exhausted

I am tired. So tired.
Emotionally, physically, spiritually.

I am tired of the chase.
Trying to make my own niche
In a world extremely obsessed
With power, money and debauchery.

I am tired of trying
To prove that I’ve got something to prove
That I captain my own soul
And master my own fate.

I am tired of falling
Over and over again
After the same lust for more
That empties than satisfies.

I am tired of being deceived
By lies I made myself to believe
That confounds more than clarifies,
And can’t live without other lies.

I am tired of living for pleasure
As if it’s the only reason why
I live, exist and breathe
When I know full well there’s more.

I am tired of seeking for a drink
From wells that increases thirst
Than satiate the longing for love
And being loved in return.

I am tired of the loneliness
That haunts me when I’m alone
That steals from my hours of sleep
And slowly, from my sanity.

I need a breakthrough
And yes, Tom is right
Coz for it to come,
Something must break.

So God, I give you permission
Break whatever that is left unbroken
But please, take these pieces of what’s left
Of what was once I considered my heart.

4 comments:

Anonymous,  June 5, 2006 at 6:15 AM  

hey.. it's so normal to feel that way. but don't give up and stay strong. always remember that there are so many people who loves you even though you don't get to see or talk to them. You'll never know someone might be praying for you every night. :)

joni June 6, 2006 at 7:39 PM  

oh wow. this is so nice! i can totally relate.. :(

Tom June 9, 2006 at 6:34 PM  

out of death He brings life, out of the brokeness He brings completeness... its the power of the resurrection, and its working in us!!

God loves a heart desperate for Him, because there is nothing that he hates more than a proud heart.
You definitely have a heart longing after God, desperate for Him.

Anonymous,  July 19, 2006 at 10:02 AM  

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Business Templates by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP