Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Middleman

Have you ever had someone ask you to pray on their behalf? Well, I do get them a lot.

Growing up, people always think I have this special open communication line to the powers that be. But it was just recently when a friend asked me to pitch in a few good words for her, that I became aware of this fact.

Why do people do this? It's simply because we are obssessed with mediators.

I wonder why we can't simply take Christ at His word when He said, "it is finished"?

Is it because it's too hard to believe that we've been forgiven not because of what we did or are still capable of doing but inspite of us?

While all that needs to be done for the Father to be pleased with us is simply believe in the accomplished work of the Son, we think we can pitch in a few cute acts and catch His attention.

It sure is absurd. Looking back, I scratch my head to how preposterous my filthy briberies look in contrast to the full ransom Christ paid up there on the Cross.

We have got to learn that the veil was torn for a reason.

We all have direct access to the throne of grace. No further mediation needed.

2 comments:

Jason Bruce February 17, 2009 at 4:14 AM  

Good thoughts James! What's interesting is God can also use us to minister to others, to reflect His character and to make visible what is invisible to their eyes.

joh benn March 5, 2009 at 4:38 AM  

It's amazing that you've chosen a dog to be your pet rather than a cat bro. That's good. Just to relate to this one, have you read the book, Cat and Dog theology? Thanks for the comment btw. I'm compelled to read your blogs. God bless!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Business Templates by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP