Sunday, August 21, 2005

Letting Go

Goodbye.

I am sorry the love we professed has to end this way. My heart aches that I have to let you go, but I know deep within, it will ache even more if I hold on.

I am torn between my love for you and the One who loves us more than our minds could even imagine.

How could I be so selfish to keep you for myself when riches untold are there before you?

How could I liken what I feel for you, to what He felt when He was hanging up there on the Cross?

How could my thoughts of you compare to His, when His tears were like drops of blood that night in Gethsemane thinking that He must endure the pain just to be with you?

How could my sweet nothings measure up to His nail-pierced hands and wounded side?

Ah, I am ashamed to even think there is such a comparison.


My only prayer now is that you will find it in your heart to understand why I have to let you go.

May your eyes be opened to the reality of the warfare over lives and over the destinies God has in store for us.

May your ears be quick to hear his still small Voice speaking to you, wooing you back into His arms.

May your heart be soft enough to be molded by the Potter himself, not for your harm, but for your eternal good.

May your feet be fast enough to run back to the Father, who readies Himself to forgive you while you rehearse your lines on what to say in repentance.


I must say I hurt now. I couldn’t describe the mixed emotions I feel, to be exact. But I am sure, if we desire to be healed we must go through these. The Divine Surgeon himself will perform the operation in our heart of hearts.

It may not make sense now but I have faith. Something tells me that a new dawn is coming and as we face what seems to be the darkest night of our souls, a new day is drawing nigh.

So today, I release you.

I release you to Life. To pursue you calling. To follow hard after God.

Listen to your heart’s cry for true intimacy! Pour out that weary heart of yours to God who willingly gives rest from all your reckless wanderings.

Drink from the Living Well that will quench your thirst for acceptance forever! Speak to Him who is eager to listen to your angst and deepest desires.

Feast your eyes on the beauty of His face and the charm of this world will fade! Turn your gaze no further from His eyes of blazing fire.


Amidst the tears I now shed, I smile. For as I think about it more and more, I realize, that in the light of eternity, “goodbye” is actually a “see you later.”

And thus in the mean time, I watch and pray.

And patiently wait for that day when our names will be called from the Lamb’s Book of Life and, for all eternity, know that this little sacrifice is nothing compared to the joys, Father has in store to those who will simply and humbly obey.

3 comments:

Aiai August 22, 2005 at 9:12 AM  

Awww, Shung... I hope you're doing fine...

Miss you na gid!!!

Mwah!!!

Anonymous,  August 26, 2005 at 6:04 AM  

letting go.. to be with your creator to serve him and worship him fully... isnt it you are the one who said that doing your daily chores is no difference in singing and saying words of praise... he made us human given with all the sufferings we have to go through given the ability to love but not mentioned who we should love... life bringed us to many roads travelling in complete darknest yet he is there to guide us.. but then he never mentioned that you people of this land i have created i gave you my life because i want you to worship me.. he gave us the ability to love not just him but love intimately a special someone.. yes it is incomparable because no one can do the sacrifices that he did..

Jayred,  August 30, 2007 at 4:12 AM  

What a heart-felt post, James. It really touched me.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Business Templates by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP