Saturday, August 16, 2008

Twist

Alright sure, I didn't make it to the Passion Concert, but I certainly did learn a whole lot. First, is that travelling by Cebu Pacific to Manila will probably be a bad idea until they sort things out in their new terminal at the NAIA3. Thanks to them, I arrived Manila around 9pm and waited for a cab till maybe 10. I met my friend Arthur at MOA and simply decided to just grab something to eat rather than travel to Ultra and arrive there for the closing prayer.

The next day, we rushed to Fully Booked at the Fort where they have 20% off on almost all books. What an experience! I really felt so probinsyano beholding the four floors of books! I stayed there the whole morning until my stomach complained to my brain that "he (or is it 'it'?) too needs to feed on something."

I left around 4pm for my flight back. And this was the situation in the pre-departure area when I got there.



Passengers from all over were stranded for hours in this new terminal while some flights were even cancelled. I am not so sure if the situation is still like this now, but having been through such ordeal will make you think twice, thrice even, about riding through the same airline to Manila again.

Good thing though I have my "friends" with me. Just a few days before the Passion Concert I bought "The Shack" by William P. Young at Powerbooks Cebu. I finished the whole book while waiting for my flight to Manila and reread it while waiting for my plane back.

So as I came to think about it, the whole experience ain't bad at all. I went there with an expectation to meet God, and well, I did. The book transported me to a different place where I learn with tears, things I believe about God which were really myths.

I went home adding a few more books to this pile. I have finished some already, scanned several, and eyeing on one or two. I got Rabbi Jesus from Fully Booked. It revealed Jesus in a different angle you wouldn't normally see it readily in the Scriptures. Miracles and A Brief History of Time I got from a while back. Somewhere a Master and The Shack I bought together in Cebu while that book about Secret Germany, my boss lent me.

Nelson Mandela's autobiography I bought with Rabbi Jesus while the rest, from Uncle Tom's Cabin to Piercing the Darkness and Chaim Potok's Book of Lights, I got from BookSale.

I have a different pile like this on my table at work. And I haven't even read them all yet. But something tells me I am going to have a new one this week when I pass by National Bookstore or BookSale.

And oh, I thinking of getting an Amplified Bible. Let me know if this is already gluttony, though.



3 comments:

Liza's Eyeview August 16, 2008 at 8:40 AM  

I see Piercing the Darkness in the pile. I like that book. Have you read the first one he (Peretti, the author) wrote titled "This Present Darkness"? great book - it will encourage you to pray, and pray fervently.

Sorry to her you didn't make it to Passion World Tour. Well, there are a lot of Youtube videos and blogs about it - I guess we're on the same boat on this - we just have to enjoy these videos :)

Guess what I got my husband as gift for his birthday? 21 DVD's of Rob Bell - all of his series!

Have a nice day :)

James August 17, 2008 at 6:02 AM  

Hi Liza!

Yeah, I have read Peretti's books when I was in high school actually. It was only recently that I saw it in a book sale and it costs only P50!

Wow, all 21 videos! Wow, wow, wow.

I've seen 1-14. I guess I have to wait for youtube to post the remaining ones. =)

Jen September 14, 2008 at 7:38 AM  

a friend recommended the Shack. I think i must read it soon. By the way, i went to davao using cebu pacific... and the planes were on time. I guess it was really the transfer to NAIA that caused the chaos.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Business Templates by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP