Saturday, September 26, 2009

Full

I was in a queue waiting to pay for my groceries, but my mind was elsewhere.

Earlier today I woke up to see a friend had posted pictures of his recent travel to Europe. I was green with envy! How I wish I had the means to do the same, to visit places in the world at my every whim.

Then I asked God, "Am I gonna do the same someday?"

Silence.

"You see, I never thought of being able to travel the Philippines like I am doing so now," I continued my eyes showing excitement. "Sure, it's not much, but in the first 2 decades of my life, I've never even been in a plane!"

Still no reply.

"I'm sure I'll get there someday," I convinced myself. "You have great plans for me. Didn't you say goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life? Didn't you promise life to the full?"

"You have Me," was the only reply.

And it was enough.

I realized that Life is a Person, and when Jesus promised life to his disciples he actually was offering himself to them. To us, too.

Life to full is simply an invitation to the infinite abundance that is in Christ. It may include a backpacking trip to Europe but then really, Life is so much more than just that.

1 comments:

Jen September 28, 2009 at 6:53 AM  

it is very much possible.... five years ago, i was denied a trip to Paris... i didn't know that a year later, I would go, and God allowed me to go every year after until this year. These trips were impossible on my own. It was really God's hand and blessings which allowed me to see some European countries. And true, life is more that those trips... but am still glad He gives us wonderful surprises! :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Business Templates by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP