Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Noticer by Andy Andrews

I am not the type of reader that would randomly pick a book in my visit to a bookstore . I usually select reads one author at a time at a subject which is reflective on whatever season my life is in.

So given a list of random books to choose from, I hesitated at first but finally chose The Noticer.

Who wouldn’t “notice” it? Apart from the interesting title, someone apparently deemed it the best book she has read in her life! Hence, my decision.

And I was not disappointed!

In the next few hours I found myself glued to it reading chapter by chapter on the wisdom of an old man named Jones. His talent for noticing things seemingly unseen and neglected by most is remarkable; his knack for making the complex simple is extraordinary. But what totally won me over, is his humor.

A few weeks back I wrote an entry entitled “Perspective” and I thought this was exactly what I had in mind – only way better. I realized that this book fit perfectly in this phase of my life and no one could more eloquently put it into words than Andy Andrews – its author did.

Because indeed, sometimes all we need is a just little perspective. And it’s amazing how a little can go a long, long way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Business Templates by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP